Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Week 4 - A try on frisbee golf



Luckily, the weather was nice, there was no rain so we walked up to the HIBU. As usual the lesson was divided into two parts, First Aid situation practice and frisbee games. Normally we play a game called Ultimate Frisbee, which I have really started to enjoy as I finally know the instructions and have become better at it. This time we tried out a new game called Frisbee Golf which I will talk about later on this post.

Firstly - what we did this time to learn a bit more about first aid...

After being divided into our groups, we had two victims suffering from a motorbike accident. In our case, this was Victoria and Nik. The others were first responders (including me) and when we were told to, we ran up to our patients as fast as possible. The first thing that I faced as I saw Nik and Victoria lying on the grass, were noodles. Noodles flew out of no where and landed on exactly my shoulder! These noodles were representing vomit caused due to the accident. I thought quick and firstly checked Nik's pulse which was high. I think I could do better as I didn't understand what he might have been needing as he was also able to breathe. Then I thought he might have hit his head and  gotten a concussion that lead to the vomiting, so I bandaged his head. I was not told if we were successful. I am not really sure what happened to Victoria and how it was dealt with as I was my focus was not to help her as she didn't have a very serious case.

______________________________________________



On our second part of the lesson, we were introduced to a new game, called Frisbee Golf. This was new to me, but the golf part made me start thinking about if it would be fun, as I am not really a golf person.

The type of frisbees we used this time were the small ones, which are not my favorite types either as they don't resist or cut through air that nicely.

The rules of the game were that you were to be divided into groups in which you had to achieve a goal. The goal was to hit the frisbee in a given area, and by doing that, you would be given another region. You would have to be counting how many steps it took you to hit all the areas. The fewer the steps, the more points.

Half of the game was stuck in just finding the frisbees as there were many bushes in the area we were playing, which was that great.



If I were to chose between Ultimate Frisbee and Frisbee Golf, I would definitely chose ultimate frisbee, to rather play.




No comments:

Post a Comment